Wednesday 6 April 2011

DE KLEUREN VAN HET KORENVELD / Aura of Our Dreams

 
Installation with three dyed sheets from the mental health center, Altrecht; two branches from the woods; two black inkjet prints of tree patterns; the book: ´Die Welt der Farben’, covered and sealed with a print of a drawing by Ellen Beertsen en mevrouw T. Boeschoten made during the workshop ‘motief ontwerp’ at the unit Korenveld, Altrecht. 
(The work is made during a short stay at: Kunstenaarsverblijf Het vijfde Seizoen, Nederland 2011.)




I'd like to make a book about color. By coincidence Ellen Beertsen en mevrouw T. Boeschoten made  exactly the right design for a cover. I asked if I could use it, and I covered an existing book on colors (my favorite one) whit their design, and sealed it.  I am very happy with this object, right now it expresses my dream about color.
 




 
Thinking of the color of condensed dreams.


After filming the sheets in the woods, I gave two dyed sheets (one blue and one red) to the Korenveld, department of the 60+, mental health center. I gave The other three to the residency Het Vijfde Seizoen, located on the same ground.  I don’t know what will happen to the artwork/sheets; … I hope the few colored sheets could affect their surroundings comparable to the effect of Bach Flower Essences. An other option is to dye all the sheets of the whole center.